Fort Worth Child Protective Services Adoption Attorneys
Adopting a child is one of the most rewarding and life-changing decisions any family can make. If you are ready to enter the long process of adoption to welcome a child from Child Protective Services into your family, contact the attorneys at The Maynard Law Firm, PLLC to ensure the process goes as smoothly as possible.
The legal process of adopting a child from Child Protective Services can be long and complicated, but our Fort Worth CPS adoption attorneys are experienced with helping families complete successful adoptions. To learn more about the adoption process and discuss your legal options for adoption, call us today at (817) 335-9600 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.
Do I Need a CPS Adoption Lawyer?
The adoption process is very thorough to ensure the safety and well-being of children protected by government agencies, and it can become quite long and complicated. A lawyer will be able to help you through the process from beginning to end. There is a great deal of paperwork that needs to be completed and filed properly, along with home visits and interviews to prepare for, and possibly unexpected costs associated with the application.
Having an experienced lawyer on your side who can teach you about and help you best prepare for each step of the adoption process will increase your chances of success and ease some of your stress.
Why Choose The Maynard Law Firm, PLLC to Handle My Case?
The Maynard Law Firm, PLLC has been practicing family law for over 50 years. A family firm ourselves, we know how important adoption is for many families, and we strive to make the process easier for those in the Fort Worth community who choose to make such an impactful decision. We are proud of the trust our clients place in us, and we are dedicated to representing them, fighting their cases aggressively while maintaining open communication, and fostering great relationships.
We encourage anyone to get as much information about their legal rights as possible, which is why we offer free legal consultations about the adoption process before you decide to begin the process yourself.
Adopting a Child from Child Protective Services
To adopt a child from Child Protective Services, prospective adoptive parents must be at least 21 years of age, financially stable, and deemed responsible and mature adults. Other basic requirements include:
- Completing an adoption application
- Providing information about their background and lifestyle
- Providing references (relative and nonrelative)
- Providing proof of marriage or divorce, if applicable
- Agreeing to a home study, a multistep process that includes individual visits with all members of a household
- Undergoing a criminal background check, which includes a check of abuse or neglect on all adult household members
- Attending free training to learn about and prepare for issues that abused and neglected children can face
- Showing that they can commit to providing a permanent home and lifetime commitment to their child
- Demonstrating that they can provide for the short-term and long-term needs of the child
- Providing for the mental, physical, emotional, educational, social, and cultural needs of the child
The foster and adoption processes are very similar, so if you are currently fostering or would like to foster before you are ready to adopt, this process can be applied to either route.
A lawyer will be able to assist you in filling out the necessary paperwork correctly and gathering the required documents that will show that you are a solid candidate to be an adoptive parent. A lawyer will also help you prepare for the home study, an essential part of the application process. A CPS staff member will visit your home on multiple occasions to determine how fit you are to adopt based on a number of criteria, including the following:
- The motivation for wanting to adopt a child
- Family and home health
- Quality of marital and family relationships
- History of abuse and neglect of family members
- Opinions regarding discipline
- Sensitivity toward issues facing many adoptive children, such as abuse and birth families
- Sensitivity toward children of different culture or background and the ability to maintain that identity
If you are curious about what it takes to complete the adoption application process successfully, don’t hesitate to reach out to a lawyer.
Contact a Fort Worth Adoption Attorney Today
If you are ready to start the adoption journey or are interested in learning more about your legal options to do so, contact a Fort Worth adoption attorney from The Maynard Law Firm, PLLC today. Adopting a child from Child Protective Services can be the most rewarding experience and helps a child in need of a family of their own. Call us today at (817) 335-9600 or fill out a contact form to schedule a free legal consultation.